BFB Pastern Wraps offer an extra layer of protection for your horse’s soft skin when you ride.
- Velcro the Cavallo wrap around the hoof, keeping it low to the ground around the bottom of the bulb and drawing the elastic diagonally upward from back to front.
- Place the boot on the hoof, toe first, ensuring that the wrap lies flat. Velcro the red tab from the pastern wrap onto the red Velcro on the tongue of the boot.
- Carry on your boot fastening procedure as normal.
Remember that there is a break-in period required to soften the leather at the bulbs and around the collar of your horse’s new boots. Like your own riding boots, it is recommended that time is taken to gradually break in your boots. The boots should be worn for 10-15 minutes on the first day, either during turn-out or riding. The next day, you can increase the time and so on. Horse’s hoofs, skin thickness, bulb sensitivity and conditioning can vary, so please monitor the wear and increase time in the boots as appropriate. You can speed up the break-in process by using a leather softener of your choice and/or riding through water.
How to Use your BFB Pastern Wraps:
1. Velcro the Cavallo wrap around the hoof, keeping it low to the ground around the bottom of the bulb and drawing the elastic diagonally upward from back to front.
2. Place the boot on the hoof, toe-first, ensuring that the wrap lies flat. Velcro the red tab from the pastern wrap onto the red Velcro on the tongue of the boot, and carry on your boot fastening procedure as normal.
Despatch times – Where items are in stock, orders will be dispatched to AnPost within 2 working days. Once posted, orders are usually received the next day within the Republic of Ireland, usually, the delivery lead time is within 24 hours of dispatch.
Backorder times – Where goods are subject to backorder, we will order your items within 3 working days and typically these are received by us within 5-7 working days. We will endeavor to contact you immediately on receipt of the order informing you of the expected replenishment date for any goods ordered if it is expected to take longer than 10 days (e.g. out of stock with the supplier).
Where we ship – We ship within Ireland, this includes Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland. If you are outside of this area, we will need to provide you with a custom quote. please contact us before ordering.
Free shipping – Orders within Ireland of €100 or more are eligible to opt for free delivery.
Tracking – All of our shipping is tracked by AnPost. Once your order is ready to ship, you will be emailed a tracking number.
Collection – If you would like to travel to us to collect, please contact us to let us know when you intend to collect so we can have the item(s) ready for you.